Thursday, October 30, 2008
http://www.unexpectedbliss.com/ is giving away an Amazon.com giftcard
Mom of Two Dancers is also giving away an Amazon card!
Getting free from Debt is giving away a giftcard of your choice!!
Confessions of a Psychotic Housewife is giving away a $10 giftcard to Target or Walmart!
Starbucks $15 gift card giveaway over at http://www.momstakeonthings.com/
http://bittenbybooks.com/ is giving away a whole TON of prizes. Check that out!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Heres what we got:
Ok so last time I updated I did not know this was going to happen...Adam and I have purchased a home!!! We actually are putting in the final paperwork tomorrow and closing on it. We were not expecting to buy so soon but we loved this house so much! So heres the financial updates...My Short Term Financial Goals by November
Last month= blue
This month= red
- Our HouseFund: $23,147--$23,281 (I just added $600 to this today)
- My Checkings (high interest): $11,427-- $11,687
- My Checkings (no interest): $1614.04--$3,196.60
- CD at huntington (expiring in march):$5,809--$5,833
- Adam Checkings (high interest): $741.00--$741.00 (he is currently using another account at home to pay his bills)
- Bank of America: $79--$79
- Roth: $8,102--$7,135--god, i dont even want to look at that
- Credit Card debt: $963.00--$0 just paid it today
- Credit Card debt: $2,403--$1839.50
- 401k: $2077--$1626---lets not look at that...
- Start contributing to my Roth this year and max out by April September $997 October $166 i put more into the house this week
- Pay off credit card each month--September $957.24--October $880 paid
- Split paycheck between housefund and high interest checking every 2 weeks September
- Pay off scooter September October
- Make 2 payments to Adams student loans not yet...September--paid $550 October
On top of that I want to save for christmas presents, my dads birthday present (already bought this!) and pay the monthly bills. I am going to use as many coupons as possible. Whatever our savings is on our grocery bill I will contribute that money into Adam's high interest checking (our hot tub fund). I am also going to try to get $100 or more in Chacha extra money (currently at $64--now $87--now $108). I am also going to work as much overtime as I can--only twice so far :(--not good this month either! Incase you are wondering i have a "low interest" account is because my direct deposit and automatic bill payments come out of there. I am workin on getting that changed...opened a joint charles schwab account--still not totally activated this will be future home to our emergency fund
So theres the update...next month we will review. Any thoughts are helpful :)
Ok so I just got a job in Seattle. I will be making more money hourly at this assignment, which I am pretty excited about! Heres goals for February. I will update this again:
- Start our emergency fund after all the house paperwork is final and we have paid our first mortgage payment (January 5)
- Try to get someone to rent out our house while we are away for extra money for our mortgage.
- Split paychecks every 2 weeks into Mortgage payment, Roth IRA, Checking Account, and Emergency Fund
- Make 2 payments to Adams loans: Currently -$10,243 from Direct Loan Service and -$42,152 from First Resource Federal
- Get $1600 for our apt in Seattle and bank at least $100 each month
- Continue to pay off credit card each month
- Pay off scooter by February
Thats all i can think of right now. I will update more
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
GreenYourDecor.com is giving away an eco-friendly room plan for one lucky reader. It sounds like an awesome contest, I am so excited for it!! I picked to redo our kitchen. I hope I win!!
GreenYourDecor.com is also giving away a set of 3 Envirosax reusable shopping bags along with a gorgeous Earthlust stainless steel water bottle, two items that will help you reduce your everyday ecological footprint from KirDeVries.