This first part I got the idea from Green Panda Treehouse check them out!
- Pay off one of adams loans Up to date with payments...
- Eat out no more than once a week--this month sucks, we have no food at our house. Just went shopping yesterday
- Use coupons as much as possible--Jeannie and I are getting together to do this now
- Furnish house with garage sale/thrift store items until we redo the room with no more than $1000 new goal 2/09 Havent bought funiture yet...we got a free loveseat from a friend
- Research water heaters new goal added 5/09 we havent bought it yet...by next month we will because ours is leaking
- Research Cable/Internet packages...possibly AT&T new goal 6/09
- Move 401k to Fidelity new goal 6/09
- Contribute 6% of my paycheck to my 401k new goal 6/09
- Try to get enough CFL lightbulbs to replace all of the lights when we move in..using coupons of course --no sales on these lately, still lookin!
- Keep entering giveaways for gift cards to home depot for our house have not done this yet...no time since we got home :(
- Savings: Save up 6 months of emergency savings currently at: $5,316.49--not contributing now...
- Save up a downpayment on a car brand new Hyundia accent have $12,700 saved, I am gonna go get a car tomorrow possibly...I might have a small payment to make.
- Max out Roth by April 2010 new goal added 2/09
- Adam to get a full time job by August--currently getting some work here and there and working on our house!
- Save $2000 for washer and dryer fund...maybe less I dont know new goal added 5/09 our fund is now at: $901.36 --we have 6 months to pay $1400 off
My Short Term Financial Goals by June
Heres what we got:
Last month= blue
This month= red
Our HouseFund: $15898.08--$12,389.26(bought a washer, dryer, hardwood floor, carpet etc...and still have to get gutters)
My Checkings (high interest): $4914.77--$6,183.27(that will be down soon...to pay the credit card)
My Checkings (no interest):$3211.11--3,104.67
Credit Card debt: 2,607.25 will be paid off by the end of this month
**NEW 401k--$3,504.32-- 4,567.29--I will stop contributing at the end of this assignment :( then I will just have my Roth to contribute to until I get matching at my job
- Biweekly Payments plus Principal on house
- Sending our taxes away to get done by professionals
- Applying for the New Home Buyer Credit $7500 to repay in the next 2 years
- Pay off scooter by February balance=done January 10
- Pay off Jeep done! 2/1/09
- $1000 in Emergency Fund done January 16
- Emergency Fund $5000 done March 27
- Save some of every paycheck for Roth so I can max out next year($5000) done March 27
- Start contributing to my Roth this year and max out by April done March 13
- Buy a washer and dryer for house on sale with coupons! Got it from Sears Outlet 30% off $1400 total done June 5
- Buy a bed when we get home We got it from Levin furniture outlet good deal done June 10
- Continuing Job searching and have something set up by early may hopefully June 15th I start my new job!
Goals for the next 3 months until September:
- Make a budget list
- $208 at Roth every 2 weeks to max out by April
- Have Adams loan down to $4000 by Sept
- Pay off Credit Card Each Month (do biweekly payment)
- Build a stockpile of food, try to spend no more than $50/week on groceries
- Get only free stuff and essentials at the drugstores
- Try to get $25 in Chacha money
- Continue to use Swagbucks, Surveys and Youdata for extra money
- Buy a washer and dryer
- Buy a bed
- Buy a hot water heater
- Buy furniture