Menu Planning MondayGo graham Go does a topic every monday to plan your meals, I am going to participate. Today I am making Spinich Lasangna. I love this recipe! Although, since we are living in a studio apt with no oven, I am attempting this in the crockpot, i am nervous about it...
Easy Spinach Lasagna
- 1 15oz fat free Ricotta cheese
- 1 10oz frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1 4oz can mushroom stems and pieces (drained)
- 1 Large egg
- 2 cups fat free shredded cheese (Use your favorite kind)
- 1 jar chunky mushroom spaghetti sauce
- 9 lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400. in a big ole bowl dump Ricotta, spinach, mushrooms, egg, 1 cup grated cheese and mix well. In a 9 x 12 baking dish dump 1/2 jar spaghetti sauce, place 3 noodles, top with 1/2 cheese mixture, three more noodles, rest of cheese mixture, last three noodles, dump last of sauce on top. rinse jar with 1/4 cup water and pour around edge, cover and bake 45 min. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining cup of grated cheese return to oven for 10-15 min till cheese is melted and just a little brown. Let stand 10 min before cutting.
Thaw spinach in microwave 3 min on high and separate with fork. Use your favorite grated cheese, don't let the traditional mozzarella be your only choice. If you want more garlic add more garlic. Be bold make it your personal recipe. Add a can of sliced olives just for the fun of it.