This first part I got the idea from Green Panda Treehouse check them out!
- Pay off one of adams loans Adam now has a good job and is contributing most of his paycheck to his loans! Way to go Adam :) His goal is to get it to $6000 by the time we leave Seattle
- Biweekly Payments plus Principal on house called citimortgage, this is all up to date and has started!
- Emergency Fund $5000 (new goal 3/09)
- Eat out no more than once a week--we went over our restaurant "budget" this time. We used coupons but went all out for valentines day. It was awesome seafood though! No regrets :)
- Use coupons as much as possible--we had some good grocery shopping trips this month. One week we didnt go because there were no good deals. Used alot of coupons! I am also getting $28 in rebates from walgreens and $6 from rite aid this month!
- Watch our spending when we come home for good--well we found out that the tenents have left our house a disaster...so we maybe spending more than expected for improvements when we get home---spent $320 this week getting the carpets cleaned
- Buy a washer and dryer for house on sale with coupons! new goal 2/09 going to start saving in the housefund for this...have not started researching yet because things will change
- Furnish house with garage sale/thrift store items until we redo the room with no more than $1000 new goal 2/09 we came to the conclusion that we will be buying a bed when we get home so we will start looking!
- Sending our taxes away to get done by professionals ($250) but I couldnt do them on my own this year, too complicated! Lets hope we dont owe anything! new goal 3/09
- Applying for the New Home Buyer Credit $7500 to repay in the next 2 years new goal 3/09
- Try to get enough CFL lightbulbs to replace all of the lights when we move in..using coupons of course --got 7 so far, rite aid was doing a refund on some, picked up 2 for $.50 each!
- Keep entering giveaways for gift cards to home depot for our house won a blackjack phone! That was exciting! But now it might increase our phone bill, I wanted email at some point though! Also won an ipod shuffle (using for a gift!) no home depot cards though...
- Savings: Save up 6 months of emergency savings currently at: $2647.20!
- Save up a downpayment on a car brand new Hundia accent or Nissina versa(about $10,000) currently at: $2202.75
- Save some of every paycheck for Roth so I can max out next year($5000) new goal added 2/09 currently have contributed $4,039.00
My Short Term Financial Goals by May
Heres what we got:
Last month= blue
This month= red
Our HouseFund: We added $4000 in there because our mortgage gets directly withdrawn and we get more interest with more money so I took from my checking $2970.50--$6642.39(We had more than usual come out this month because we signed up for biweekly payments and there was a $300 charge :()
My Checkings (high interest): $9493--$3907.50
My Checkings (no interest): $2252--$993.06--I get paid tomorrow...
CD at huntington (expiring in march) will deposit into checking or house--or car!:$5,909--$5,935(I have decided to deposit this into my car savings so I wont have a car payment when we get home it expires on the 19th)
Adam Checkings (high interest): $745.00--$49.91 (he moved money to his other checking for extra loan payment)
Bank of America: $79--$79 --I have to close this account when I get the time...
Credit Card debt: $158--we havent paid rent yet...
401k: $1518--$1325.90 :(
Ok so heres the goals until May 19(the end of this assignment):
- Start contributing to my Roth this year and max out by April:$472 for December $674 January for 2008 contribution so I can max out(hopefully!) currently contributed: 2,737.00 for year 2008
- Make 2 payments to Adams loans (on top of what he pays) : Currently -$7996.96 from Direct Loan Service and -$40817.35 from First Resource Federal will plan this paycheck to contribute something to it!
- Try to get someone to rent out our house while we are away for extra money for our mortgage. I think I am going to cancel this goal if theres nothing promising by next month...
- Split paychecks every 2 weeks into Mortgage payment, Roth IRA, Checking Account, and Emergency Fund
- Get $1750 for our apt in Seattle and bank at least $100 each month--Used any extra for the Roth
- Continue to pay off credit card each month doing well with this
- My meal plans have worked out pretty well. We go shopping once a week and have not spent over $100.
Feb 17- $55
March 1- $41
I made some good pasta the other night but since we live in a tiny studio, I blew a fuse 3 times because I plugged in the hot plate and the crockpot oops.
- Continue to get the deals at walgreens for a garage sale this summer with my sister!---still doing that! We got cheap deodorant, candy, free makeup etc!
- I am still going to use as many coupons as possible. Joined new trains and got lots, now we just need cheaper grocery stores.
- I am also going to try to get $50 or more in Chacha extra money (now $$131.43 went up $16 this month! wow...)
- I signed up at Pinecone Research and got a $12 so far this month! I like this company! It takes no more than 15 min to complete a survey and you get paid quick! I also got some samples in the mail
- Pay off scooter by February balance=done January 10
- Pay off Jeep done! 2/1/09
- $1000 in Emergency Fund done January 16