This first part I got the idea from Green Panda Treehouse check them out!
- Pay off one of adams loans Adam is doing great with this!
- Emergency Fund $5000 (new goal 3/09)--thanks to our tax refund we made our goal!!!!
- Eat out no more than once a week--we went over our restaurant "budget" AGAIN! Its so hard and its getting harder living downtown with no oven. One more month...
- Use coupons as much as possible--we haven't spent more than 60. March- $49
March 24- $55 walgreens $5.99 rebate and rite aid $2.00 rebate--free deodorant and free body wash
- Watch our spending when we come home for good--well our gas bill from feb was really high, and we arent living there. We are already starting to think of ways to improve that, but wont know anything for sure til we get home
- Buy a washer and dryer for house on sale with coupons! new goal 2/09 going to start saving in the housefund for this...have not started researching yet because things will change--same as last month, we know we want a front loader!
- Furnish house with garage sale/thrift store items until we redo the room with no more than $1000 new goal 2/09 We will be buying a bed and start using garage sales/craigslist for furniture
- Sending our taxes away to get done by professionals ($250) but I couldnt do them on my own this year, too complicated! Lets hope we dont owe anything! it costed more than we thought ($390) but it was definitely worth it!
- Applying for the New Home Buyer Credit $7500 to repay in the next 2 years Got our tax refund!
- Try to get enough CFL lightbulbs to replace all of the lights when we move in..using coupons of course --no sales on these lately, still lookin!
- Keep entering giveaways for gift cards to home depot for our house won a $5 barnes and nobles card, thats about it! but still entering giveaways!
- Savings: Save up 6 months of emergency savings currently at: $5000! Gonna cut back on depositing money into here so we can save for a washer and dryer
- Save up a downpayment on a car brand new Hundia accent or Nissina versa(about $10,000) currently at: $10,000! want to save about $4000 more...
- Save some of every paycheck for Roth so I can max out next year($5000) new goal added 2/09 2008 is done! finally :) now for 2009 currently i have: 208.00
- Continuing Job searching and have something set up by early may hopefully(!) new goal 4/1
My Short Term Financial Goals by May
Heres what we got:
Last month= blue
This month= red
Our HouseFund: $6642.39--$16,318.17(We got our tax return! I put our $7500 credit in there)
My Checkings (high interest): $3907.50--$5631.45
My Checkings (no interest):$993.06--$1911.66
CD at huntington (EXPIRED) will deposit into checking or house--or car!:$5,935(I deposited this into my car savings
Bank of America: $0 --I HAVE FINALLY CLOSED THIS ACCOUNT :)
Credit Card debt: $280--will pay this on friday when i get paid
401k: $1325.90 :(--$1462.64
Ok so heres the goals until May 19(the end of this assignment):
- Start contributing to my Roth this year and max out by April:: 5000.00 for year 2008!! $208 for 2009
- Make 2 payments to Adams loans (on top of what he pays) : Currently -$7001.87 from Direct Loan Service and -$40,538.50 from First Resource Federal I put $200 and $145 from 2 of my paychecks and we have enough thank you rewards to get $250 again!
- Split paychecks every 2 weeks into Mortgage payment, Roth IRA, Checking Account, and Emergency Fund and now adding, a washer and dryer fund!
- Get $1750 for our apt in Seattle and bank at least $100 each month--I have just used this in with my paychecks
- Continue to pay off credit card each month doing well with this
- My meal plans have worked out pretty well. We go shopping once a week and have not spent over $100.
March 24- $55
I wanted to stay under $50 oh well haha. Oh and good news, i havent blown any fuses this month. Oh and i bought chicken to make those foil wraps jean!
- Continue to get the deals at walgreens for a garage sale this summer with my sister!---got free gum, shaving cream and some glade candles!
- I am still going to use as many coupons as possible. Still tryin!
- I am also going to try to get $50 or more in Chacha extra money (went up $$142.50--$11 this month!) I am actually chachaing right now...we are at
- I have done a bunch of surveys with pinecone research. Also got a $5 amazon card from Swagbucks. If you havent signed up you should! I also signed up for 4 gift cards worth over $100 for $4!
- Biweekly Payments plus Principal on house
- Sending our taxes away to get done by professionals
- Applying for the New Home Buyer Credit $7500 to repay in the next 2 years
- Pay off scooter by February balance=done January 10
- Pay off Jeep done! 2/1/09
- $1000 in Emergency Fund done January 16
- Emergency Fund $5000 done March 27
- Save some of every paycheck for Roth so I can max out next year($5000) done March 27
- Start contributing to my Roth this year and max out by April done March 13