Crunchy Zucchini Boats
Whats for Dinner WednesdayThrifty and Chic mom does a topic every wednesday to plan your meals, I am going to participate.
- 2 medium zucchini (6 to 8 inch each), parboiled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tsp. oil
- 20 PREMIUM Unsalted Tops Saltine Crackers, finely crushed, divided
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp. margarine or butter, melted
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out centers, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells. Place shells in 9-inch square baking dish; set aside.
- CHOP zucchini pulp; mix with mushrooms, onion and tomato. Heat oil in small skillet on medium heat. Add vegetable mixture; cook and stir 3 min. or until onions are crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in 1/3 cup of the cracker crumbs and the seasonings. Spoon evenly into zucchini shells; sprinkle with combined remaining cracker crumbs and margarine.
- BAKE 20 to 25 min. or until heated through.
How to Parboil Zucchini: Bring 2 qt. unsalted water to boil in large saucepan. Add zucchini; cook 4 to 5 min. or until fork-tender. Drain. Make it Easy Save time by purchasing the vegetables already chopped from the salad bar of your local supermarket.